Thursday 4 August 2011

Snow Whyte and the 7 Dubs

Chimpy, Stumpy, Lumpy, Mushy, Fishy, Skippy, Slippy!

Sound Familiar? No, its not Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, it's the Clan Mhuire Gaelic Football Team! No joke, those are just some of the nicknames you can hear roared and shouting from the sidelines.

Seven Dwarfs

Peadar plays Gaelic Football, which I can best describe to my American clan as a cross between soccer and rugby. But as any GAA fan will tell you, the Irish invented their sport first, long before the other 2 existed. Clan Mhuire is the local club, and there are like 22 divisions and his team plays in the 3rd one. Think like AAA baseball. (If you were wondering which nickname Peadar has, it's Krusty). 

We had a bunch of bbqs and events last weekend so I got my hair did. Took a funny makeup-less pic while I was all roller-ed up and thought I would share with all you fantastic people. Made a new friend at the hair salon (go me!) but she recently invited me to a vegan meet-up group and yoga class so I am not sure we are on the same page. But she was lovely all the same. 




My little brother Gregory is in town. Every time I hear his full name now I think of Talladega Nights and Jean Gerrard's boyfriend Gregory from France. Haha, well anyway, Greg goes by Greg, and he is in Dublin experiencing my cool life. So naturally, we took Greg to the Whyte Gun Club for a shooting lesson with Eddie (Pad's Dad). He did extremely well! Check him out in the storage locker below:






Eddie showed us this gun pictured above, and told us its net worth...get ready... $25,000 retail value. Apparently the more detailed the engraving and the better the metal and craftsmanship are the more $$ a gun is. Makes sense but still...that's a car, or a down payment on a house! Wonder who the lucky purchaser will be?

Pic: Greg and I out for an afternoon of clay pigeon and rabbit shooting.





On Tuesday we got down and touristy and went on a Viking Splash Tour. Similar to the Duck Tours in the Wisconsin Dells which we went on when we were little. (Greg and I both remembered those tours similarly, as one of the scariest, most awesome adventures of our youth!) They are the WW2 Army DUKWs that go on land and water. Our tour guide said ours had been documented as actually participating in D-Day. How cool is that? Our viking guide was really funny and had us roaring at unsuspecting victims on cell phones or reading maps at street corners. I would highly recco the tour as a fun way to see historic shiz in Dubs.






Pad, Greg and I are going to the GAA (Gaelic Football, come on now, remember above) semi-final in Croke Park, also known as Croker (love) on Saturday night. Dublin vs. Tyrone, should be a good one! (What do I know?! haha) 

XOXO

Keating 

No comments:

Post a Comment