Thursday 16 June 2011

I've Arrived!!

Hey there to all my friends and family back home in the US of A!

It's been about 2.5 weeks now since I arrived in Dublin, Ireland to begin a new phase of my life (with the ever so charming Peadar Whyte, see image below)

I know I haven't given you all a lot of updates yet, but it's because I have had a bit of a nightmare with getting an internet connection and phone line here. ("O Amanda, tats grand, see I'm on the ole holiday this whole week, see it's me missus and I's 40th anniversary, so I won't be able to come by and bring the paperwork for the cable until next Chooseday, Monday being a bank holiday an all, but I'll come round then and we'll get you all sorted out love.")  But I'll save that for another post :)

I promise to keep up with this blog and keep you informed with all the news and going-ons from my new home! Please feel free to write comments and interact with me, I miss you all and want to hear from you!

So let me start with the basics:

1. Where am I living? In a little town called Malahide, on the coast of the Irish Sea, about 20 minutes north of Dublin. (See the map below)

It's a lovely seaside village and we can see the marina from our apartment, which is above a bookstore on Town Yard Lane. Last night Peadar and I took a walk along the water and this was our view:


We stopped at a little restaurant called the Seabank for a glass of vino, and found out they have a gluten-free seafood chowder, and source all their seafood locally, so I think this place is going to be a new favorite of mine!


I am still looking the wrong way when I cross the street, but am settling in nicely. I will fill you all in about work and more in the coming posts, in the meantime, I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Love,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I still can't believe you actually live in Ireland. Crazy. I can't wait to come visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't see any proof of technology. The last picture was close, but not convincing enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! gluten free in Ireland! I hope youve settled by having some pear palmers!- but not too much that stuff can be dangerous! I have your package are you getting your mail or should I send it to the naul?

    ReplyDelete